6/7.06 2nd KRIEK Amsterdam FinTech Forum
June 6 - June 7
This year we doubled in size…. 2 days, 50+ speakers/panelists and 350+ delegates!
In today’s dynamic and ever-changing economic climate, innovation, particularly in financial services, is less of a choice and more of a business imperative. Last year during presentations from some of Europe’s leading banks, we discussed how slow many of the incumbent banks are with regards to transformation and digitalization. A reason that was mentioned often were the many people involved and the many approvals needed before and during implementation. This led us to the million dollar question: What is on the CxO’s agenda with regards to FinTech?
The theme for 2019: FinTech | A View From The C-Suite
Through 2 days of interactive presentations, CxO panel discussions and on-stage interviews with bank owners, we will discuss a wide variety of topics and angles on best practices from across Europe in transformation and digitalization. Topics will include, but are not limited to:
• Exploring the Future of Banking
• Macro-economic Overview of the European Financial Services and FinTech Landscape
• The Battle for the Customer Relationship (Human Centered Design and Personalized Customer Experiences)
• FinTech Partnerships (as Revenue Boosters and as a Way to Faster Innovation)
• Regulatory Compliance (PSD2 / Open Banking and GDPR)
• Third Party and Security Risk
• Developing an omni-channel network
• Effective use of Big Data (Improve Customer Experience, Reduce Cost and Increase Efficiency)
Opening keynote: Duena Blomstrom, Author, Co-Founder and CEO, Emotional Banking™ and PeopleNotTech Ltd.
How corporates can innovate successfully by Sikko van Katwijk, Chairman, KAS BANK
• Our LAB experience
• First blockchain succes
Bridging the gap between banks and social applications by May Michelson | Head of Business Development, Europe – PayKey, Israel
- As millennials spend hours a day on social applications, banks face a new challenge: How can they engage with this important segment and become an inseparable part of users’ social and digital lives?
- We will share the journey we made with leading banks all over the world, transforming the mobile keyboard into an effective channel for financial services, information, and communication
- Using social messaging apps as a new engagement channel for financial services
- Providing seamless and intuitive gateway to everyday banking activities
- Driving customer experience through the most used app on the planet: the smartphone keyboard
- Positioning banks as innovation leaders: what it takes to be always in front of the customer
On-Stage Interview: Dr. Sanjeev Kanoria, Owner and Vice-Chairman, Austrian Anadi Bank
Country Focus: Ukraine | Macro-economic overview and Fintech investment opportunities in and from Ukraine by Elena Velikaya, Founder & CEO, Adamant Capital, Ukraine
Data-driven cases for business amplification in modern digital banking by Nikita Pustovoytov, Head of Data Science, Odebrim, Russia
Credit marketplace odobrim.ru is a new service developed in Financial Group BCS which is intended to ease getting a loan with best conditions for a wide audience. Data Science team helps the project to grow faster, solving problems on all of the stages of the client lifecycle: starting from client acquisition, scoring, increasing conversion to desired actions, finding the best offer for the person with respect of his needs, credit history and other factors, up- and cross-selling loans and non-financial products including insurance. The goal of the presentation is sharing some of the implemented cases for odobrim.ru and covering emerged problems.
Discussion – Lending & Alternative Finance | The Battle for the Customer Relationship
– Dr. Sanjeev Kanoria, Owner and Vice-Chairman, Austrian Anadi Bank
– Nikita Pustovoytov, Head of Data Science, Odebrim, Russia
– Pedro Pinto Coelho, CEO, Banco BNI Europe, Portugal
– Florin Boldescu, CDO, BRD Groupe Societe Generale, Romania
Ronald Kleverlaan, Director, European Center for Alternative Finance, Netherlands
Battle for the Customer Relationship
– Human Centered Design
– Personalized Customer Experience
– Frictionless Customer on-boarding
On-Stage Interview: Ali Niknam, Founder & CEO, bunq
Ali Niknam (1981), born in Canada but from Iranian descent, set up his first company when he was just 16 years old. In his early twenties he founded TransIP, the biggest domain name and web hosting provider of the Netherlands. In 2012 he set out to change the banking industry radically and founded bunq.
Case Study: Blockchain Bank Account by Marleen Evertsz, CEO, nXchange and Niek van Rens, Chief Innovation Officer, ABN AMRO Bank Clearing Bank
Country Focus: Ukraine | Possibilities & Opportunities by Sergey Vaskov, Managing Partner, ESKA Capital, Ukraine
Digital Transformation of Operations by Bart van de Sande, Head of Transaction Banking, ABN AMRO Bank, Netherlands
• Managing the basics: Understanding your processes to decide the needs for automation
• How realize successfull leaders & engaged staff: the most important element
• Sharing the results and lessons learnt from recent RPA and AI projects
• Discussing the success factors in realizing a digital client journey and reducing costs by 50%.
• Key learnings about collaboration between Business, IT and OPS.
Cyber security assurance in the fintech space by Julio Cesar Fort, Director of Professional Services, Blaze Information Security, Portugal
Backed by modern technologies and relying on the increasing digitalization of our lives, startups in the fintech space have been disrupting the traditional financial sector with innovative products and services, creating a whole new experience for customers on how they interact with payments, investments, insurance cash backs, and more. Cyber security has been a current topic and a crucial business requirement for companies and organizations across the world, and for fintech companies it is no different.
This talk will briefly discuss the risks and cyber security challenges many fintechs face, and drive home the importance of establishing a well structured IT security program.
- Cyber security in fintech
- Software assurance – building security in
- Management and mitigation of cyber risks
- Secure digital transformation
Agile Transformation in Banking by Roland Wass, CRO, Raiffeisen Bank, Russia
Raiffeisen bank Russia is leading bank in Agile Transformation in Russia and within RBI Group. Roland has participated in depth in this transformation as a member of the Managing Board. Although the topic is even more relevant for other areas it also impacted CRO Area. He can explain in detail how. Roland has set up a special “Digital Strategy” for the CRO Area focusing on:
• Decision Quality (Big Data, Machine Learning)
• Time to Yes
• Reduction of Operational Risk
Round Table – FinTech, Partnerships and Operational Risks
• Amir Arooni, Group CIO, Nationale Nederlanden
• Artie Debidien, CIO, NIBC Bank
• Roland Wass, CRO, Raiffeisen Bank Russia
• Guillaume Lagrave, CRO, Consors Finanz BNP Paribas, Germany
Dr. Ebbe Negenman, CRO, Aegon Bank
• 3rd Party Risk
• Security Risk
• Effective use of Big Data
KEYNOTE: Paolo Sironi, Author and FinTech Thought Leader – IBM Watson Financial Services – IBM Industry Academy, Germany
Presentation by Niels van Daatselaar, Co-founder and CEO of Easytrade at Rabobank, Netherlands
Country Focus: Ukraine | Opportunities and Risks for Financial Institutions & Fintechs in Ukraine by Volodymyr Vorobiov, Managing Partner, Quantum Attorneys, Ukraine
Presentation by Steve Cook, VP Business Development at FaceTec, Inc., United Kingdom
Presentation by Leon Muis, COO, Yolt (ING Bank), Netherlands and United Kingdom
On-Stage Interview: Peter van Bergel, CEO, AMS-IX, Netherlands
Round Table – The World of Payments
– Silvio Pedrazzi, CEO, Intesa Sanpaolo, Albania
– Margarita Cherikbaeva, CEO, Kompanion Bank, Kyrgyzstan
– Branko Greganovic, CEO, NLB Banka Belgrade, Serbia
– Petr Baron, CEO, TBIF Financial Services, Bulgaria
Tony Craddock, Director General, Emerging Payments Association, United Kingdom
– Best Practices in Payments
– PSD2, more than just an EU initiative
On-Stage Interview: Elliot Goykhman, Founder and CEO, LikeBank, USA
Presentation by Andras Rung, CEO, Ergomania Fintech Product Design, Hungary
Videobanking by Rutger Teunissen, CEO & Founder, 24Sessions, Netherlands
Customer expectations are shifting away from physical interactions in local branches towards online, instant and personal experiences. Video banking presents a new and better way for customers to connect with their banks anywhere, anytime. Hear from 24sessions how you can successfully leverage this new emerging customer interaction channel.
– Olivier Guillaumond, Global Head of Fintechs, ING Bank, Netherlands
– Floris van Ommeren, Head of Strategic Partnerships, ABN AMRO Bank, Netherlands
– Harrie Vollaard, Head of FinTech Ventures at Rabobank, Netherlands
– Remco Neuteboom, Chief Digital Officer, Atos Global Financial Services, Netherlands
Morten Kriek, Founder & Managing Partner, KRIEK, Netherlands
Awards & Cocktails
For information about the 1st Amsterdam FinTech Forum, including photos, agenda and delegate list, please check www.amsterdamfintechforum.com. You can also buy tickets there.